Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-10-12 Origin: Site
A die is a substrate designed explicitly as a tool for some industrial manufacturing processes such as forming, casting, deep punching, foaming, or sintering: it is used to provide a final or intermediate form for the workpiece or material to be processed.
In precision hardware stamping, the die usually consists of two or more half-shells whose extent divides the space area by the workpiece's shape. The stamping of the die is usually made of hardened steel (a thermal process that improves its properties) or tempered.
Dies of less resistant materials (such as chalk or silicone) are used for small production runs for rapid prototyping. The service life of a mold can vary from a few, or even one, to tens of millions of copies.
In this article, we will introduce you to:
• The working principle of die stamping.
• Stamping Mold Parts by-product processing method.
• Why choose Shengqi for die stamping;
The stamping dies process
Stamping Mold Parts applies pressure to a blank to cause a steel phase change or separation to produce a workpiece with a fixed size, shape, and properties.
The dies are made according to conventional milling or high-speed machining processes to achieve the shape of a 7-axis milling machine. The moving parts of the die are also used as EDM machines (wire or tuff), lathes, and grinders.
In the field of precision metal stamping, dies must usually be designed so that there are no cavities that might restrict the removal of parts: in particular, nibbling edges, i.e., angles of 90° or greater, which effectively make the print inseparable from the elements in the die, must be avoided.
The stamp of the mold must pay particular attention to the extraction angle. Since walls created precisely on the axis with the extraction movement may cause problems when removing the finished part, the walls should not be designed to be vertical but must have a slight angle to the outside (1 or 2 degrees). For example, a cylinder should be converted to a truncated cone for problem-free extraction.
In sheet metal forming, the die is made of a steel block, divided into two parts, one on the base and the other on a movable part of the machine, which deforms the material to obtain the final shape of the industrial part in a subsequent uniform step (and with the die gradually slightly different).
The process of precision die stamping is called deep drawing. It is a challenging task that must be carried out in several steps to prevent the sheet from being overstretched, which could lead to tearing or uneven thinning.
Different types of Stamping Mold Parts
Depending on the Stamping Mold Parts, these lasts can be divided into five categories: punching and shearing die, bending dies, drawing dies, forming dies, and compression dies.
• Punching and shearing die. Commonly used shapes are shearing die, punching die, cutting-edge die, and edge die.
• Bending die. It consists of bending flat blanks at an angle. Depending on the shape, precision, and production volume of the parts, there are many forms of dies, such as standard bending dies, cam bending dies, rolled edge dies, circular bending dies, punching bending dies, twist bending dies, etc.
• The drawing is dead. Drawing dies allow you to seamlessly form a flat vacuum in the container with the bottom.
• Forming dies. This refers to the use of various methods to form a die. It can be convex, crimp, neck, and round edge hole flanges.
• Compression molds. Uses intense pressure to cause the raw metal to flow and deform into the desired shape. The types include extrusion dies, embossing dies, and final compression dies.
Why Choose Shengqi for Stamping Mold Parts
Shengqi designs and manufactures custom dies with the customer in mind. This is a very delicate process, as the die must be perfectly suited to the purpose for which it is used. Therefore, the process of designing and manufacturing molds must be precise and performed by qualified personnel, from the engineer to the operator. Shengqi has the advanced equipment and experienced professional operators to provide you with satisfactory stamping mold parts services.